1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Pump freezing up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by d4c50, Dec 14, 2010.

1. d4c50

d4c50 Junior Member
    from ohio

A friend of mine has been having the pump freeze up to the point of the blade won't lift off the ground. He has owned this plow for 15 years or so and changes the oil every year and sometimes twice a year. This problem started about 5 years ago. He has replaced the seal on the lift rod/TheO Rings in the pump and base and all new fittings for the hoses.He uses Meyer Oil. Any ideas as to what to try next?
  2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

On my plows pre-season check up I noticed plow fluid on the floor of my garage. I noticed that the right coupler on the PA block was leaking just a bit and the left one was fine. Naturally, I replaced it with the the SAMI coupler and it stopped leaking. Now that plow season is here, I noticed that my plow fluid was low. I didn't see anything on the ground but I noticed that both the right and the left couplers had blue snow on them on the collar that you pull back to put the other end in. And the fluid was low again. So much for the SAMI couplers. The only problem is that the Meyer brand is so darn expensive compared to SAMI. I have heard on Plowsite that SAMI couplers can be bad right out of the box. Unless I'm missing something, they all have to be replaced with Meyer couplers.