1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 pump assy leaking

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Gary Bo, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Gary Bo

Gary Bo Junior Member

I just bought an older Meyer plow that's leaking from the bottom of the pump assembly. I pulled the pic from the net to illustrate where my leak is. It looks like there are four bolts that hold the housing pieces of the pump assembly together that may have an o-ring seal of some sort but I have looked at the parts break down and it doesn't show the housing being two piece. I have watched the oil leak out of the housing so I know where its coming from. the pump works great and appears to have been taken care of. It looks pretty fresh. Should I tear the whole thing down and repack it or is there something I'm missing here? I would like to know whats under those four bolts before I take it apart if possible. I'm new to plowing and any help would be appreciated!

E4711.jpg

2. extremepsi

extremepsi Junior Member

you will be told over and over there are no replaceable parts inside of the pump just replace it with a new one...... however i wasn't raised to not attempt to fix anything without trying.. i went to a hydraulic cylinder repair shop got 2 new o rings i believe they were 31mm if i remember correctly theres a upper and lower seal and have had no leaks since replacing them :D

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

or you can give storks auto a call send the bad in they go through a rebiuld and send it back

4. Gary Bo

Gary Bo Junior Member

So, the seal you replaced was between the two housing parts? Accessed by removing the four bolts on the bottom of the pump assembly or did you remove the motor and go on that way or both. Thanks

5. extremepsi

extremepsi Junior Member

i removed the 4 bolts from the bottom, there is a plate between the 2 half's.... oh i forgot to mention in the first post i used a little black rtv in the grove to hold the seal in place during reassembly.. make sure you use some plow oil on the bushings too

6. Gary Bo

Gary Bo Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Will be out for a week of vacation. I'll give it a shot when we get back.