1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by getplowed61108, Dec 20, 2011.

1. getplowed61108

getplowed61108 Junior Member

i have a meyer 7 1/2' with an e47. I rebuilt the pump and when I was bleeding the system the top of my motor started smokin like a campfire ( the top where the brushes are). I changed it out with a brand new cap n brushes. now all it does is click. the motor dont run anymore. WTF is wrong with it? I can't figure it out. If anyone can help I would appreciate it alot. thanks.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Commutator may be shot or something is back together quite right. I would try a new motor. Also take the motor off, you should be able to turn the pump drive by hand.

3. getplowed61108

getplowed61108 Junior Member

Thanks I will try that in the morning. This meyer setup is really trying my patience. Do you think the motor may be why it takes 20sec. to come up from the ground too?

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Possible, but more likely the pump is shot or relief is not set correct. E47's where never known for their speed but shouldn't take that long. Really is showing signs that the pump is shot. The extra load on the motor causing it to smoke. Check the pump and post how easy it was to turn.