1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Darrco611, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Darrco611

Darrco611 Junior Member

I have a Meyer-E47, 7.5 footer. We had 5 inches of snow yesterday and the plow worked great. I was on my last account and the left/right and up functions slowed to a crawl, then stopped. Motor is running okay, there is pressure at the filter ports. I managed to get the plow off the ground, stopped by a gas station and it worked perfectly... for about 2 minutes, then stopped again. It repeats this if I leave it alone, it will work for a couple minutes, then no movement. Checked the pressure and it is reading 1200 psi near the lift cylinder, and it won't be adjusted. Is this my pump??
  2. Darrco611

Darrco611 Junior Member

Okay, here is an update for this... hopefully someone can give me a little help. I have replaced the motor/pump with the retro-kit to the E57 with new o rings, the wiring harness (for the above problem, as well as another), the filters are clean and the B coil and valve are new. The plow still only works for a few minutes, then slows down and stops. If I check the fluid through the fill-cap, it looks like it is aerated (has bubbles all in it). I have tried getting any possible air in the rams out several times. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure what to do next...
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the first thing i would is put the plow down and put it in float. fill the can with oil and angle it left and right about 10 times with the plow down. check the fluid level and top it off if it is not full. angle it some more. now lift the plow and angle it again.

i assume the plow has stopped working by now. check the power and ground connections at the battery and motor with your fingers. are they hot anywhere? if so you have a bad connection. check the power wires at the solenoid also. heat= bad connection.

if the plow runs then slow and stops working take a pair of jumper cables and go from the battery to the motor + and -. if the motor is running use the control and see if it works right. if so you have a bad power wire, solenoid, or bad connection.

good luck :salute:
  4. bradlewislawnca

bradlewislawnca Member