1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Problems..please help..

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Malakas82, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

i recently bought an 87 blazer with a 7 1/2ft meyer plow from my buddy for $150..he just bought another new truck for the fleet and got rid of the old truck..the plow worked just fine with no problems...then it stopped working...so we replace the motor and the solenoid under the hood..the pump kicks on and moves the plow left to right realllllllly slow, and only when its off the ground..it'll lift to tighten the chain but wont lift the plow up unless ur pulling up on it...ive been plowing for awhile but totally new to the maintenance..any help will be appreciated...im clueless

2. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

also i can use my own strength to stop the blade from turning in either direction and when raising..when moved it holds position, and when i help raise it, the plow stays up..

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like the internal pump is worn out. Easy to replace, need to know which pump you have.

4. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

i have the E47

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Classic symptoms of a weak pump, worn pressure relief valve or a plugged internal filter. Need to get a pressure gage on it and see where it's at.

You can purchase parts for the E47's at most any plow parts supplier..

6. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

ive never worked on a plow in my life..i have no idea where any of these parts are and right now i really dont have the money to take it in

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there is a pump breakdown trouble shooting guide on angelos.com

8. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

the pump is right under the motor, remove positive cable from motor , then 2 bolts that go through motor.. be careful that motir doesnt come apart and brushes fall out... then the 3 nuts on the side of the pump.when you seperate the pump be careful not to lose the spring , ball and orings...if they do fall out spring 1st ,then ball then the piece w./ the o-ring... this whole job should only take ya bout 15 mins... hope this helps.

9. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

hmm..when my buddy replaced the motor i watched him...he seperated the pump and i never saw a ball or spring...would those pieces cause the problem if they are missing.?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pump check (ball and spring) isn't between the motor and the pump. It's between the pump and the sump base housing so changing the motor you wouldn't be in to it.

11. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

well thats what im trying to say..he removed the pump from the sump base..i saw the 2 holes on the sump base and i never saw a spring or ball..his stepdad worked on it before we did..i think he might have lost those