1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Problems need help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lyinlow867, Oct 17, 2011.

1. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Ok my Meyers plow is pissing me off. Last year when I put it away it wouldn't go down.
    Now this year it won't raise or go down.

I have replaced the "A" valve and coil and when dump is engaged the coil is working
    I have replaced the "B" valve but not the coil

Also replaced the cylinder tank cover over the summer

When the tank was half full with no plow connected it lifted with no effort
    When the plow was didn't lift
    Filled the tank and didn't work with or with out plow.
    Im going crazy and time is ticking

Can anyone help. Im working with limited funds.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try the trouble shooting parts on the Meyer site. You can get it at Millsupply.com too. Did you clean the filter screens? The pump may be done too.

3. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Changed the "B" coil and now it lifts everytime but doesnt have enough power to lift when blade is on. Im going to drain it and clean the filter. Also have a leak around one stud and it leaks from the gasket around the cylinder

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You are supposed to reuse the nylon washers on the studs.

Are the angle rams still strong? Is it leaking around the seal for the lift ram or the reservoir?

5. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Seal for the lift ram, and angle rams still strong work like new.
    Gonna drain today and take apart and clean filter but I’m thinking it has to do with the new
    cylinder tank cover I put on this past summer. It was very difficult to go on over the ram. But I can easily push the ram down and it does lift without any binding. Just won’t lift with blade on

[​IMG]

6. kimber750

Seal at the bottom of lift ram is shot. It is letting fluid leak by instead of pushing the ram up. Could also be the tube the ram is in if it is pitted it can cause a leak. And the seal under the nut is the one that is not supposed to be reused.

That top seal is just to keep dirt and water out, not there to keep anything in.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  7. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

The stud that leaks won't tighten down
    What seal do you recommend to replace

[​IMG]

8. kimber750

You may have some striped threads in the base. Since the base is aluminum and you have to be careful how much you tighten them. A service manual from Meyes site should give torque specs.

9. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Here is a some pics of the ram. Lots of pits only around where the cylinder tank cover comes in contact with ram. I have a spare pump that I know worked when I took it apart. I swapped out the packing cup #30. Also got the studs tightened down for the cap. Going to get new Nyltite Lock & Seals for them.

Question is is the ram still good or should I replace the ram?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. kimber750

Mine looks worse than that and I am not having trouble.

11. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Sweet I will throw back together tomorrow and hope it works if not I"ll order a new #30 and go from there. I'll post how I make out

12. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Back together and filled and still won't lift the blade. Seems like it has less power then before. Still leaks out around the ram but thats it.

Getting real frustrated...

13. kimber750

How did the inside of part #44 look? When we rebuild pumps we hone the inside to get a better seal. Also be sure the O-ring at the bottom of #44 is in good shape. The o-ring normally won't effect going up but can cause it to drift down. Starting to run out of suggestion with out being able to actually see the pump.

Also how tight did it fit in after changing #30?

14. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

I know...
    Im gonna drain it again and order some parts. Its having alot of trouble lifting now with parts I swapped. So I guess Im gonna order #30

15. kimber750

I can check tomorrow on my price for rebuild kit. If you are interested.

16. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

That would be great thanks.

17. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Tore it down again...
    found that part #45 was in 3 peices.

Inside of #44 is smooth like glass

18. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Ok replaced #45 and reinstalled old #30

It lifted with the blade all the way once after a couple trys. Its full of fluid.
    Now every time I toggle up it trys but when I let go of toggle up it kicks a little to the left drivers side and keeps doing it each time.

Any suggestions?

19. kimber750

Left is default, meaning when the pump motor runs it will go left if none of the valves are activated. Some left movement may be a bit normal, but very little. What is happening is the be valve is deactivating before the motor stops.

Unless it is going left while going up. Then problem is in B valve. Piece of dirt, bad o-ring or defective valve.

Atleast headed in the right direction now.

20. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Ok so I changed the coil on "b" and when toggled up it turned a little when I let go.

swapped the power angle valve block with same valves, when I let go of toggle up it would turn a little left

Air blew out and cleaned block before install and "B" valve same result

Swapped in the old valve and tryed it toggle up make it turn left like i was angling's the blade left

Good thing no more leaks!

This pump is making me mental.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011