1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 problems? dont make sense...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by PetesYC, Feb 2, 2008.

1. PetesYC

PetesYC Junior Member

I have what I believe is a e47 8ft plow. heres the issue: Some times when we move the joy stick the pump will engage but will not move the plow, this is up, down, left or right. It seems to come out of it sometimes when you drive down the road or when you hit a snow bank. That may also make it go into it when I hit a pile or go down the road. Have had the fluid changed by a professional. replaced hoses etc. Some of My joystick prongs under neath are a little loose but still connected, could this be it? Please help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Loose connections at the joystick will effect the functions of course but you have to have more than one problem for it to not to angle left with the pump running (angle left is the default function on the Meyer pump units). If all you do is power the pump motor without opening any valve with the controller (joystick in your case) it will angle to the left. If it wont even do that when it's acting up, something besides the loose connections is preventing it.

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it could be loose connections on the controller it could also be a stuck valve or a bad solenoid

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

do you have what they call a slick stick control?

5. PetesYC

PetesYC Junior Member

i do have a slick stick controler. it is in the way and often gets hit with a knee getting in and out.

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yep they will do that you might try flush mounting it

7. mcginner

mcginner Junior Member

Solenodes

Have a partner move the plow and put a screwdriver on top of the solenoids to see if they are working.
    The screwdriver should stick to them from the magnetic coil in them.
    If it doesn't stick then check the wiring to the solenoids for power.
    If it does stick then you have a flow problem clogged filter, incorrect pressure relief valve setting or the solenoid valve aren't working right. (i.e. bad o-ring with the valves).