1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by artic429, Dec 10, 2009.

1. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

My plow wont move at all now. I have power at the solinoid and I have power that comes out of the wiring harness that goes to the motor from my switches but i dont not hear the motor on the pump doing anything. no clicking no nothing. Am I overlooking something or is this pump shot? It is cold out but nothing that I havent been in any other time too. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

hey take a set of jumper cables and go straight to the motor. if the motor runs it is good now you need to look at the solenoid and or the wiring.

3. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

even with the cables im not getting anything from the motor. If i put power straight from the battery to the pump and the ground straight to the pump(to eliminate the negative connection being bad) i still dont have a thing. Still confussed but its starting to look like a bad deal im thinkin.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Defective motor. Time for a fresh one. :nod:

5. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

thanks guys....... i guess i have to hate the news and not the messengers! lol... Thanks for all the input. When i go to get the new motor, is there anything else i should refresh while im working on it. Its an older E47 so it probably could use a tune up. From what ive been lookin up, It seems like a pretty easy pump to work on. Give some opinions on what i should be doing here if you guys would please. The plowing and snowing is done here... time to go get the cold beer. Thanks again guys.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Be sure to clean the mounting base on the top of the pump where the motor attaches of any corrosion before installing the fresh motor. The motors only ground method is through it's contact with the pump, so any corrosion build up there will affect the motors performance.

Other than that just the usual fluid flush and filters and a good look over are in order if the pump is healthy otherwise.