1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jdb7654321, Jan 24, 2014.

1. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

I have a e47 that was rebuilt 2 winters ago not much use last year I had to replace the coil with red wire and the solenoid under the hood at the start of this season no problems after that the other day while using it I started going really slow in all directions it barely made it off the ground I got it in the garage and flushed the whole system pump and angel arms with kerosene the fluid was a little milky but not too bad re filled with blue hydro oil and put a new motor on but it still seems slow and like its really using the power off the truck any ideas would be appreciated

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What did the filters look like?

3. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

They had a slight bit of junk on them but not much at all I tossed them and put new ones in. I did just upgrade my toggle switches to a touch pad I got on ebay could that have something to do with it the touch pad seems to work good I used it for about 15 hours then it started to slow down and it hasn't been right since

4. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Have you checked all the wire connections especially the grounds? That could be it??

5. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

All of the connections look good and are tight but I was thinking about getting new ones because some of the shielding has small cracks in it. looks like dry rot.

6. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Maybe try removing the ground wires and cleaning the surfaces and the connectors with some sand paper at all the contact points to be sure? If there's cracks I'm wondering if there's some corrosion going on inside the shielding? Hard to say.

7. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

im going to clean them and replace the ground wire today thanks for the help ill update you guys once that's done

8. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

Replaced the ground wire and it seems a little better with speed but its still making my battery gage drop quite a bit and dimming the lights the battery was replaced this year as well when im not operating the plow it shows just over 14 on my gage when driving down the road and moving it the gage drops just below 14 but if im in a parking lot plowing or in my drive way lifting it up it goes way down and dims everything

9. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

10. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

i guess theres nothing wrong then mine seems about the speed of yours thanks for the video it was a big help to see some one elses to compare to im sure my new ground wire didn't hurt anything and the motor [except my wallet] Thanks for your help

11. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

No prob! Glad you're back in action!