1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by royallawn, Dec 15, 2011.

1. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

ok, i'm just relaying the info for a friend. my 2 e47's are ok. last year everything was working good. then he hit a curb. after that he has had issues angleing left. sometimes he would wiggle the toggle a bunch and get it to go. now, the switch, valve and selanoid have been replaced and still not going left. ideas? couplers maybe? any info would help, thanks. kenny
    he said the couplers have been changed.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

I smacked a curb with mine and had to replace my angle cylinder. Come to find out I had put it in a bind somehow and would get stuck. If not that then tell him to check his Angle guide for binding. Metal on Metal is tough for the cylinders to push past sometimes.Thumbs Up

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check the cross over valve. What is it doing when he tries to angle left?

4. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

he said the motor runs and it just clicks.

5. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Can he manually angle the plow with the angle cylinders connected together?

6. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

yes it can be manually angled. i'm guessing cross over valve.

7. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

I would guess the crossover valve too.

8. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

x4 on the crossover valve; if its replaced and works fine afterward, it did its job.

9. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Remove the quick connects on the lines and put hoses in a bucket, jack the plow up and see if it move side to side smooth. This is part of my winter prep, flushes the lines and check the plows ability to turn.