1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 plow won't move only clicks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cm70, Dec 6, 2002.

1. cm70

cm70 Junior Member
    from NH

I have a Meyers E47 on a Dodge Power Ram. Hooked it up for the first time this season and nothing. When I toggle the switch to raise/lower or angle I only hear clicking. I checked the connectors and hoses and the hydraulic fluid and they seem fine. (I replaced the connectors last year when the plow wouldn't angle right).

I searched a bunch but didn't find any specific answers. Any ideas on how to start diagnosing this? I am pretty new to plowing. The plow is about 20 years old and this is only my second season with it.

Any help on how to troubleshoot would be great.

Thanks

2. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

jump the 2 big posts on the solenoid, if the motor runs ya got a bad solenoid, if not, jump a wire direct from positive on batt to motor if it runs you have a bad connection or wire, if not check ground connections if all ok i would say the motor pooped out