1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 plow mount bracket questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by unior, Dec 5, 2015.

1. unior

unior Member

Hi. I recently picked up a used e47 unit that was pulled off a 73 K10 chevy. I have an 84 K20 and was hoping everything would bolt right on. The setup has a custom tubular front bumper with the pump mounted on it and then another bracket that bolts back in to the frame and with braces that bolt to the front bumper.

Now the problem I'm running into is that the seller I bought this off of had a lifted truck. When I line up the underneath bracket to the frame...the way it sits it would literally be draggin on teh ground.

I guess my question is how far off the ground is the part that the plow frame pins to supposed to be off the ground? I'm thinking about having the bracket cut and shortened to make it fit.

I can take some pictures if that helps.

2. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Exactly parallel to ground - no more no less

3. unior

unior Member

I looked at it again and if i mount it the way it is the mount will sit 3" off the ground. Then I look at the a frame and wonder if thats enough clearance.

4. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Hold the A frame connected to plow up like it would be mnted to truck. A frame is a certain distance above ground. Make it Parallel to ground. End of A frame where it connects to truck is height you need truck mnt/receiver to be from ground.

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Meyer spec for the 73-87 (17078) mount was 10-1/2" from the ground to the center of the mounting pins .

TOM

6. unior

unior Member

thanks nasty-z - I'm gonna try and have the mount modified today.

7. unior

unior Member

Success! Got the mount cut, welded and installed. The pins are 10" off the ground with no weight on the front end. Got the pump wiring done and all thats left is the lights!