1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Plow help.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by macawpat, Oct 24, 2015.

1. macawpat

macawpat Member

Ok so I purchased an E47 plow (I know my bad). Any way I got it all hooked up today. Motor fires up fine but not raising blade or turning it either. I took the motor off checked the pump to make sure it was not binding all good. Solenoids clicking when I try anything. Just changed the fluid so I know its up. Dont know if this may be a clue but without the plow on the ram I can slowly pick it up and get squirted with hydraulic fluid from the top of the ram res. Maybe just a little overfull but im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Need to test light the coils while your operating the proper function. Also make sure your coils are clean and getting a good ground

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If no movement at all you have bad pump or motor is together backwards. Meyer doesn't need anything but motor, spinning the correct direction, to go left.

4. macawpat

macawpat Member

Coils are getting power and I pulled the valves and cleaned them. Thought there may be a blockage there. Pulled pump apart and it looks great. Motor is wired correct as per diagram. Still nothing.

5. kimber750

Not a matter of wiring. At times when people take these motors off they come apart. Now if you put the center section back together upside down,and it will go together backwards, the motor will spin backwards.

6. macawpat

macawpat Member

Did not take the motor apart. Just the pump.

7. kimber750

If you have fluid, motor is spinning correct direction, filters are clean and still no movement the pump is junk. Doesn't matter about coils or valves since it doesn't need any to go left. Those are your options.

Has this pump every worked for you?

8. macawpat

macawpat Member

No I just bought it. But with the valves, filters, solenoids clean, and system completely flushed out and cleaned out I have to agree with you. This is the only variable. I will let you know how it comes out. Thanks so much.

9. kimber750

Very simple to flip center section of motor if you want to try it. Start by wrapping electrical tape around the top and bottom covers before unbolting motor. Remove the wiring and two bolts that hold the motor on. Set the motor on the top cap and remove tape from lower cap. Remove lower cap then remove the tape from top cap so you can remove center section. Flip center section and reinstall. If all went well the armature will not come out of the brushes. Reinstall bottom cap and put tape back on the covers. Bolt motor and wring back on and give it try. Should take less than 15 minutes to try.

10. macawpat

macawpat Member

I dont think its the notoor seems to be doing its job. Thinking its the pump below it. Seems to be hanging up.

11. kimber750

Good luck with it.

12. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

your sure the pump has fluid.

13. macawpat

macawpat Member

No I am not. Should it be primed or something ?

14. dieselss

No, no need to prime the pump. Just fill with fluid

15. macawpat

macawpat Member

I took the pump apart and found very little fluid in it. I wonder if the filter in the resavore may be clogged and not allowing fluid to get to it ???

16. dieselss

Did you take them out and inspect?

17. macawpat

macawpat Member

2 in the front but did not check the sump or filter inside.

18. plowsteve

plowsteve Junior Member

If you've verified that the motor is spinning in the proper direction, there's a good chance that the previous owner had it apart and put something together wrong. In our shop we call it "somebody's been here before ". Go through the manual and confirm that all check balls and springs are installed in the correct orientation and not in the wrong hole. Also check the crossover valve and see that all of the pieces are there and in the correct order. Check that the pressure adjustment valve in the back of the gear pump has all of it's pieces. If all that checks out, maybe a bad base. Good luck

19. macawpat

macawpat Member

I replaced the motor, hoses and a couple o rings. Blade will now go up and down with no problem. It will not angle left or right. Motor fires up ok but just will not turn. I can push the blade from left to right with no problem. I can hear the coils clicking but no movement at all.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  20. dieselss

bringing this up again.....