1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 plow gets stuck on the left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 97S104x4, Dec 31, 2009.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

the plow is a 6.5 meyers with a e47 pump. the cylinders are brand new, i have plowed once before with the new angling cylinders and it worked great.

when the plow is angled all the way to the left is does not push out at all, unless you help it a little bit.

i am leaning toward a bad motor because i can hold the plow in place when i am trying to angle it side to side, and it seems to be slowing down a bit since the last storm.

let me know what you think

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I think the blade is going too far left, and the seal is going past the inlet......thus, when you put fluid back into the cylinder, it has nothing to push on.

You said new cylinders....are they the right ones?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Bad coupler, swollen C valve, weak C coil, or if it is a ST-72 and not a two meter then you might need the stop blocks on the A frame to deal with a worn pivot pin

4. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

it does have the correct cylinders, pump was recently rebuilt last season, the only thing that hasnt been touched was the motor. last week the truck did not have a problem i could go all the way to the left and right without any hang ups

my reasoning behind thinking its the motor is because i can stop the cylinder from angling by holding the plow in place, i dont think you are supposed to be able to do that?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No but that says a lack of hydraulic pressure, bad pump, pressure relief, crossover relief.

6. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

i was afraid of that, what do you mean by the reliefs?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I just had the same deal. Even with the plow off and the pump hose back to the pump, it seems like the pump is straining when I hit the switch right or left. Would this be the C valve? I just did the B but that didn't help any. I was hoping it was the couplers but they still look good. I guess I need to buy a c valve too. I usually have extras, but now because I really NEED one I have to wait till Monday and pray for no snow.

9. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

im now leaning towards the c valve, because the pump moves the plow up and down fine. i noticed today that i can push the left cylinder in a little bit, its very hard but if i hit something hard enough on that side, it gets pushed in a bit.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it strains in BOTH directions with the hoses looped that would indicate a possible coupler issue. A C valve issue will cause it to struggle in one direction, namely when you press the angle right function and the valve ceases to open.

And coupler condition can not be determined by appearance. So I'd recommend replace all couplers first.

11. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

how many people have had issues with the hose being the problem?

12. Dog-pile-plow

Dog-pile-plow Junior Member
    from Ohio

slow / weak angle

1st up...check and clean the ground cable and any quick couples in-between. On lifting the pressure can induce a ground via lower bolt...but it is not a certain ground. 2nd...did you hit any curbs with plow end, that causes the cross-over relief to trigger. I have removed cross-overs with broken springs, it has a preset pressure but allows cylinder to cylinder fluid transfer upon impact. When the unit was rebuild, did they inspect this valve...not a common item replaced in general rebuild. Hoses usually not a problem except for leaking...COUPLERS are!
    More than 180 amp continues pull by motor = bad motor....would also show on lifting

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As far as causing an angle issue? Never.