1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 only lifts when under load (weight)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by deepwater, Nov 30, 2009.

1. deepwater

deepwater Junior Member

I've got an E47 plow that won't raise from the ground unless I push down on the lift cylinder (putting some weight into it) while having someone else move the joystick up at the same time . Once the plow is in the air, everything seems to work fine. I drop 'er down the the ground again, and she won't come up until I go through the same routine again. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely a broken spool return spring in the A valve. Change the A valve.

It's a very uncommon problem and it threw me for a loop the first time I ever experienced it happen. The spool in the A valve needs the spring to return to it's closed position. When the spring is broken pushing on the lift ram pushes fluid against the spool thus closing it as it should be when it's not energized. The plow will then raise.

3. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

This might be a stupid question but I never noticed it before. I noticed today when I put the unit (e47) on the truck that my lift arm was in the up position. I pushed the down button and also pushed on the lift arm(plow not on). The lift arm went down and then it was real soft feeling, I could lift it up and down and the controler had no effect on lifting it. Is this something or is this just me being stupid? Thanks! I hope I explained this right...? Is this also maybe the A-valve?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not a stupid question at all. Being able to move the lift arm by hand is normal, especially when the A valve is open.

5. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

So I have no problem? I really appreciate your help! This site and people like you have helped me sooo much, I really do appreciate it.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as the plow will lift and angle fine then no you have no problem. :waving:

7. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Sorry I posted again. The plow will not raise but angles great. Changed B-Coil and tried jumpers, no go. Could this be the a-valve broken spool?

8. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Stuck valve!!! Thanks!

9. deepwater

deepwater Junior Member

Thanks B&B. Replaced the "A" valve and everything is now hunky dory.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you guys are all fixed up and ready for mother nature. :salute: