1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 not holding angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gingerbread, Jan 15, 2016.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Junior Member

Hi folks,
    I just bought a used (E47) plow setup & got it mounted, it lifts & angles good but when i let go of switch the plow drifts back to the left. I just installed switches and wiring brand new) Also if i hold the switch to angle right after it goes all the way right it lifts. I'm assuming these two actions are related but this is my first experience with a plow. THanks in advance.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

How far to the right does it drift? A little is normal since the valve closes before the pump stops. As for the up when pressing right, could be bad o rings on B valve or the valve itself.

3. gingerbread

If i angle right it always comes all the way back left, not sure whats goin on with it.

4. kimber750

Is the motor staying on? Is this with the plow in the air or only drifts back when pushing snow? Sounds like you may have a few issues and may be time for pump to be rebuilt.

5. gingerbread

Its in the air when drifts.... Any idea on cost of rebuild?

6. kimber750

Does the motor keep running after releasing right switch? Very strange for plow to drift all the way to the left when in the air without the motor running. Rebuilds can run $250-300 and up depending on labor and any hard parts that need replaced.

7. gingerbread

No, motor doesnt stay running when it drifts back left.

8. kimber750

With plow raised can you push the blade by hand left and right? Like I said, think you have several issues. Only way blade would angle back left with out pump motor running would pressure in opposite ram from bad coupler and crossover allowing the pressure to release. Now crossover has nothing to do with it going up when hard right. Where are you located? If near by would be happy to take a look at it for you.