1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47, No movement side to side

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jampearl42, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Jampearl42

Jampearl42 Junior Member

Everything as power to it and the plow goes up and down perfect. when i go to turn the plow left or right, it goes about an inch then stops. I am not sure if the pistons are frozen or what. any suggestions will help.

2. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

an easy way to see if the pistons are stuck is to connect the two pistons together with the hose.....just like you would do if you were going to take the plow off......then with the plow raised try to push it back and forth.....if it is sticking try putting some grease on the pistons

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If the plow does swing back and forth after trying the above trick, check or replace the quick couplers.

4. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Sounds more like it is frozen when is the last time the system had a oil change. With the temps being as cold as they have for the last couple of day and not getting above freezing that is the first thing I would suspect. Find a way to warm the pistons up and then see if they move. If they do then you have water in them and they need a flushing.

5. LawnzzzANDsnow

LawnzzzANDsnow Junior Member

Mine did the same thing it was the couplers.

6. Jampearl42

Jampearl42 Junior Member

All Set

I found the problem. It was the coupler, there was a little ice chunck stuck in it.
    Thanks

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Was the couplers hard to unplug or plug back in???

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Drain the fluid, Cycle some Hydra Flush though the unit, then drain and fill with new fluid. don't forget the rams. if you had ice once you will have ice again if you do not change fluid.