1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Motor runs but no lift or angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Dec 9, 2008.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

The motor will run with any movement of the switch but nothing happens. All 3 coils have magnetism. Could I have a valve stuck open? Any thoughts appreciated.

2. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Same with me. First it started off ok and then went slower till nothing works. You can hear the motor but no up and down, no left and right. Angles are slow to not moving at all.

Someone help us

C-

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

this may sound like a stupid question, but did you check to see that the oil level was full??

always check to rule out the stupid things first.

4. m2low

m2low Member

agreed with above - check oil level - put the blade on the ground, angle the driver side all the way towards the truck (as best you can) and then pull the oil fill cap on the top and it should be up to the top.

5. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Yup did all that. It was the easyest place to start

6. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Same here. I checked the fluid, pulled the filters and even pulled the pressure relief spring out to see if it was OK. Someone told me once that they sometimes rust and break and the pump will have the same symptoms. Whats next?

7. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Dumb question what is the temp outside? I would drain the system and refill with new fluid. My thought is that the fluid is freezing from the moisture. Make sure the pump is warm then refill and try again.

8. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Found my problem. The coupler went bad and that stopped the flow of fluid to the rams. So thats why no angle. The not going up was caused by the ram packing was gone and the fluid was leaking past it.

Just wanted to post to give some options.

C-

9. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Well, I am guessing that my pump output is low to non-existant. I took the filter plug closest to the valve block off and just hit the switch. The fluid came out but with not much pressure. I guess I need to get a gauge and go from there.

10. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

My Meyer dealer said for $20 he would throw my spare on the bench to be sure all is working with it. Might be an idea to go to your local dealer and see if hel'l bench test it for you. That will let you know more closely what it may be, and you can pick his brain alittle while your there.

C-