1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Motor not working

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by swa136, Dec 27, 2006.

1. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

The electric motor on my pump has called it quits. There's power to the motor, but all that happens is the solenoid clicks. Is there a quick fix for these ie: cleaning the brushes, armature, etc., or should I just replace it with a new one? This is the first issue I've had with it, so I'm brand new at tinkering with an e47 other than flushing and changing fluid. All input is appreciated. Thanks!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Usually they get a build up of corrosion inside the motor housing after years of use but it might be that the brush's are wore out too. You can remove the motor from the pump and pull the top cap off the motor and see what it look's like inside and go from there.It's usually more cost effective to just replace the motor rather than fixing the old one though.
  3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Once you take the two bolts off and take the motor off you will see how the top cap comes off with all the brushes inside. If it has a lot of years of use you are better off just replacing the entire motor. If the brushes are shot you can always get new ones and keep the motor as a spare.
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

My experience with them is. If the motor is acking up, its about shot. Replace the motor and while you are at it, get a rebuild kit. Tear it down, clean it out and put it back together.
  5. zippy3497

zippy3497 Junior Member

Use caution when removing the top cap from the elect.motor.....if it is an original E-47 the brush plates usually are broken and it all comes falling out. If it is a newer style Bosch, the brush's tend to pop out at you and you play heck keeping it all inline to get it back together.

You can blow them out with air (low pressure) to remove the dust from the brushes. If you can get them, you can replace the brushes and have a decent spare or just put it back on.

They really are not that hard to repair if you have some skills and the desire to go chase down the parts.