1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 motor conintously runs

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by windrowsnow, Jan 26, 2012.

1. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

have an older meyer e47 when we put juice to the motor it continues to want to run and angles hard to the left. we replaced the valves, a b and c and think it is the solenoid under the hood. is this true? or lead me in the right direction, thanks.

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Either the solenoid is stuck or you have power to the small wire going to it at all times. Check the small terminal for power with a voltmeter or testlight, or just unhook it and see if it stops running.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

X2 on the solenoid under the hood or something not wired correctly.

4. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

yea i was thinking solenoid as well, it worked fine last week!!

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

is it a slick stick?...as i have learned they are multifuntion ...will make 1 thing work and not another...they short inside!

6. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

nope not a slick stick. it was the solenoid. damn yellow plows are junk!!

7. kimber750

It is a $10 dollar part and most of us carry a spare anyway. Imagine the abuse it goes thru, it's like starting your truck every time you move the plow.

8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

a part from an auto parts store goes bad, and the plow is junk?
    bring that junk over here, i will take it off your hands, and pay you 2 cents per hundred lbs more than the scrap yards will pay you.

9. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

every year we dump money into the yellow plows. the only thing we put into the red plows is fluid.

10. tjctransport

33 years on the 79 and never did a thing except for fluid flush every october and one motor.
    3 cutting edges on the blade
    24 years on the 88 and never did a thing except for flush fluid every october.
    2 cutting edges on that blade
    12 years on the 00 and only thing done was a lower mount after it was hit and the lower mount broke off. and fluid flush every october. one cuting edge on the blade one
    10 years on the 02, same thing only fluid flush every october.
    and one cutting edge on this blade too

now my son in law has put at least one angle piston on his red plows every year, usually 3 or 4 per year, cause he likes hitting curbs and bending pistons.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  11. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

so never had to replace solenoids? or valves? or lines that break? i know to many guys that are steering away from yellow plows because there money pits. i kinda find it hard to beleive that in all the years you listed and all your yellow plows you have only replaced one motor. if its the truth thats awesome. maybe you got the ones that came off the line with no issues.

12. kimber750

In 7 years put 1 motor, 2 c valves, 1 A coil and 1 hose on my E47. Last year I rebuilt the pump just because it had not been done in over 6 years. But I expect things to break. No point in getting mad about it. All these plow break at one point or another.

13. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

i agree, def not mad though, when it comes down to in twelve years on my red plows i have put two hoses and a solenoid on it. now the yellow ones, lets see rebuilt motor rebuilt pump twelve solenoids new a,b,and c valves twice. not to mention numerous o rings. just the nature of the beast

14. tjctransport

nope, one motor. no valves or solenoids, either.
    i am on my second set of hoses on each. they never leaked, i just replaced them when they got dry rot cracking with steel braid hose from napa.
    i do roads. maybe the lack of lifting the plow and changing direction every 30 seconds has something to do with it. the only time i lift the plow is when i go into a dead end road. and i only have 2 of them, and they are done last.

15. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

yea that proly has something to do with it.

16. papavlp

papavlp Junior Member

I am having the same problem with E47 continually running. I have disconnected all solenoids and it still runs. Is it a stuck valve or the solenoid?

17. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

papavlp, install a new under-hood solenoid. Should fix ya right up!

18. papavlp

papavlp Junior Member

Thanks for replying, I will try that tomorrow.