1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 motor change

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by qualitylawn, Dec 18, 2008.

1. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

I have a new motor ordered for my e47. Is this an easy job that i can do myself? Are there any things i need to know thanks!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy a OEM unit instead of aftermarket, they're worth it. Use a couple rubber bands to hold it togeather while you assemble it

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And its a 5 minute job if the long through bolts that mount it to the pump don't break off in the pump. Otherwise its an all afternoon job. :realmad:

OEM for sure.

4. qualitylawn

Mill supply told me it was the motor , the overload light on the touchpad keeps comming on.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Overload light illuminating on the touch pad is usually caused by a bad/weak connection, a bad under hood solenoid, or failing valve coil...not normally by a bad motor.

Does it go into overload when any function is pressed or just a certain one?

6. qualitylawn

Seemed to do it with any function maybe lowered more . i would turn it off then back on hit the function then it would overload again

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it consistently does it even when the the lower function is pressed then it isn't the motor or under hood solenoid because neither are being operated during the lower function. More likely it's a poor connection in the electrical harness or the ground cable between the pump and battery.

This would also include the small ground wire for the touch pad itself.

8. qualitylawn

the 47 is my backup my 60 would not lower(i ordered a new a coil and valve) the 47 was put on at 4 in the morning worked perfect the first day next day had a light job to do and it started acting up. I think i will check the connections thanks for helping me!