1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Meyers question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jkeyes1, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jkeyes1

jkeyes1 Junior Member

Frustrated home owner driveway plower....
    I have a 95 chevy with a Merers plow, with an E47 pump.
    When I hook it up to my truck it runs fine. I start plowing and within 10 minutes everything starts to react very slow if at all. All of a sudden it gets where it wont lift or turn or more accurately, it lifts and turns very slowly, the pump is running. Last year this happened as well, I changed the oil and the filter and that seemed to help, but it did start doing it again. This year I hook it up check my fluids and everything runs good,,,, for 10 minutes, then things slow right down again. Today when this happened, I left the truck running for 15 minutes while I was doing other things and then it all started working again for about 10 minutes..... This is killing me. Any one have any thoughts or ideas?
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

try a tablespoon of isopropyl dry gas in the oil.
  3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

If LON's idea doesn't work, which I hope it does, then I would suggest that you drain the pump and angle cylinders, clean the filters. You may want to flush it out before you put in the proper fluid with that dose of Dry Gas. If you are using Meyer plow fluid, it will have the Dry gas in it already. What I like to do is drain the plow fluid out and put it in quart jar and set it off to the side. Eventually, the water and plow fluid will seperate and this will confirm that water is in the system. Oil doesn't freeze.

Having water in your system means that you have a leak some where in the system. It may be ever so light but if fluid can get out, water can go in. Fix that leak and you will be in better shape.

Good Luck
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thaw it out, drain the fluid (from the rams too) flush (meyer's hydra-flush works well) then refill with a 5606 fluid (meyer, boss, western, snoway it doesn't matter as long as you do not mix them) be sure to pull and clean your filters.

E 47 manual

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/...-562 R16.pdf

look for fluid on the angle ram pistons, if oil weeps out water can get sucked in.