1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Meyer slow to lift

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PartsguyWI, Dec 25, 2013.

1. PartsguyWI

PartsguyWI Junior Member

Greetings!
    I have an E47 on an old truck that I picked up cheap. I have done a lot of work on it and it is most of the way there.

What it is doing is when I hit the lever to raise the plow the motor runs, but it takes about 10-15 seconds for it to 'grab' and lift the plow. Once it does lift it is strong. It goes side to side just fine and has good power on the angling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would ck the fluid first.

3. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

After you check the fluid level...Check the filters as well.... Wonder if one is clogged up.

4. PartsguyWI

PartsguyWI Junior Member

Thanks for your replies you guys!
    The pump & plow were a pretty big mess when I got it. I got the water out of it, the pink fluid, did a ram flush and pump flush, replaced the hose couplings and A coil (broken wire right at the coil), and cleaned out the A valve and crossover. It looks like I have more to do. I will look at the filters, chances are that they need service too. I also learned that the B valve is in charge of raising it, so I will pull that apart as well. Also on the list to check is the top vent plug. I am guessing that it could cause a delayed response if it was plugged.
    Again, thank you for your replies.

5. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Make sure you come back and let us know what the issue was and/or what you found