1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Meyer filters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by poncho62, Jan 31, 2004.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

My plow would not lift this morning. I have never taken the filters out before. Just found out that it had them from you guys. Anyways, they had some ice on them, so I figure that was the problem, as it lifts good now. I plan to change the fluid before next season.

My question is, when I took the filters out, should a lot of oil have came out? Very little came out, so I was wondering if there would be ice inside? I put a little alcohol in with the fluid. Like I said, it seems to work well now.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Usually very little oil comes out when I check & clean my screens. It sounds to me like you are due for a pump fluid change anyway. I certainly can't hurt. If there was ice on the screens there is probably more moisture in the system. Be sure to use a good winter grade hydraulic oil with deicer in it.

3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Will do....thanks.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you should change those screens every year

5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Not sure if changing screens every year is needed, but I would change the fluid immediately. Just a little amount of water freezing in the wrong place will cause you problems(usually in the middle of the storm)..... Chuck

P.S. Make sure you get the angling rams too, as they are down in the slush and can pull moisture in.