1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 lifting problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tazman62, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Tazman62

Tazman62 Junior Member

I havwe searched this site and found a lot of fixes but didnt see one for mine problem. Frist i have a e47 pump it set for 3 years i drained it and put new fluid in it. it work ok but some times just set there motor turn would not lift or turn so i put new seals in it check all coils and now it will try to lift and turn but will not lift the blade off the ground the motor was new 3 years ago it does draw a lot of amps but no more then before it acks like it is out of fluid but check it over and over i have had it apart 4 times now when it does try to lift it will pull the front of the truck down some so it will lift some weight just not a blade and same with turning weak to. it will stay up when i get it up in a snow bank any ideals.

thanks in advance

Terry

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Have a friend help you. Back of nut on hose going into the lift cyl. at the cyl. ever so slightly and have friend activate the lift to see how much pressure is going into this cyl. Should be lots of pressure.This will bleed the air out also. Repeat for all pistons. Allways start with the simple things first and work your way back.
    Let us know the results.

4. Tazman62

Tazman62 Junior Member

Yes i have clean all the filters and screens and have got the manual and looked at there flow charts does not have anything on will lift but not strong i am going out now to bleed the lines and change the pump pressure relief valve maybe that will help.

Thanks Terry

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Terry you need to see what your pump pressure is before you start throwing parts on your power unit.
    Did you know that there is a filter on the suction side of the pump located inside the tank and that could be restricted.
    You should check for flow, as if there is no flow you wouldn't build pressure.
    Find someone with a high pressure gauge and install it in line on one of your angling cylinders and then see what your max pressure is if you can get it to angle when the plow comes to a stop.
    This way you will know what dirrection to go in.
    :rolleyes: John..............