1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Lift Ram replacement?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by info4tim, Oct 16, 2014.

1. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Anyone got a video and/or pix on how to do this? Have new ram n seal kit now. Thank you all

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Meyer website.

3. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Nope. Not there specifically

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Drain fluid. Unbolt the three bolts on top. Use screwdriver and hammer to pop the top off. Slide top up off ram. Lift ram and ram tube out. Hit ram on a board to drive ram out of bottom of lift tube. If capable hone and clean lift tube. Install packing cup on lift ram. Put some on oil packing cup. Put lift tube over the top of new ram and smack on board to drive packing cup into lift tube. Remove lift tube o ring from pump base and install new one. Put lift tube/ram assembly back in. Fill to within 1 1/2" of top with fluid. Replace seals in top cover, including outer o ring. Reinstall top cover with fill plug next to motor. Install new nytite washers. Tighten the top cover bolts. Operate plow then check fluid.

This would be good time to flush angle rams also.

5. dieselss

Really, you serious Clark? Took me 10 mins of looking and I'm not a Meyer guy at all

Screenshot_2014-10-17-04-58-16.jpg

Screenshot_2014-10-17-04-58-25.jpg

6. dieselss

Came from there website, and it covers your model.

Screenshot_2014-10-17-05-05-46.jpg

7. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

No I do have that thx. I'm concerned about removing some bearing type ring that's supposed to be pressed in at top? Thanx

8. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Thanx so much! Will do on Sunday. Question: I've heard about some bearing type of ring at top that needs to be somehow removed then a new one pressed in? Thanx heaps again!

9. kimber750

I am guessing you are talking about the sleeve pressed into the top cover. Pry wiper seal out first. Then drive the sleeve out with punch and hammer. Put sleeve back in with a dead blow and a socket. Then put wiper seal back in.

10. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Ok will do. So I just pry out the wiper seal with like an awl or something then? N new one just pushes back in?
    Thanx again!

11. kimber750

Seal puller would be best but pry bar or screw driver will work. Rarely do I have much trouble getting wiper seal out.

Little hint, take a draw bar for hitch and put it in a vice with open end facing up. Put the bottom of the pump in that hole. Works well to hold the pump..

12. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Ok Thanx so much! Great tip! Do have a draw bar for 4runner will try! Thx again

13. kimber750

One last thing, If the long studs unthread from the base when taking it apart put them back in before putting it back together.

14. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Gotcha thx

15. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

dont forget the o ring on the bottom of the cylinder

16. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Ok have top half of pump apart n ram n cylinder removed. Bought replacement cyl too. Too far gone. Have seen a nylon lock nut used at bottom of ram and/or a dab of locktite. Should I do either/both? Thank you.

17. kimber750

What happened to the old nut? Normally they are crimp style nut but I don't see why you couldn't use a nylon lock nut.

18. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

No the old nut is there but it doesn't have either of those qualities. A pictorial I was following mentioned them

19. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Either one will work just fine.