1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 lift and angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mkoski, Jan 30, 2011.

1. mkoski

mkoski Junior Member

I have a 1979 ST 78 E47 10 inch rams (new) on a 1979 Dodge W 100. Have some new seals in it and and coils A,B,C magnetic fields seem to work at the right function. The ignition does not have to be on for the coils to work so it is wired constant hot

When I connected it for the first time it did raise although a little slow angle did not work. The next day it lifts until it encounters resistence if the mold board is unhooked from the ram then it lifts but stops and starts still no angle function. Some of the fluid appears at the bottom near the ground lug.

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Couplers? Does the motor run when trying to angle? If so is it straining?
  3. mkoski

mkoski Junior Member

New Pin Type couplers. I pulled the B and C valves, screens clean, applied twelve volts both work. Next I cracked open both fittings on the angle rams plenty of new blue fluid there. Checked both filters in the bottom of the body both clean.

Appreciate any suggestions as this is my first plow I'm learning as I go.
  4. mkoski

mkoski Junior Member

Still no luck with this. I pulled the electric motor off no fluid there. Fluid does continue to appear at the weep hole.
  5. mkoski

mkoski Junior Member

Replaced the motor shaft seal no more weep leak. Starting to think the motor might be the issue.
  6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

How does the motor sound , does it sound like it is coming up to speed ?

Any chance of performing a pressure test on the pump? , if it lifts without the moldboard and lifts slow or not at all with it on there it could be a low pressure issue, it should angle regardless but I have seen pumps so low on pressure angle was non existant also .

Have you dissassembed the unit and thouroughly cleaned the inlet suction screen in the sump as well as the two filters behind the plugs on the front and rear of the unit?

7. mkoski

mkoski Junior Member

This morning the motor will not turn at all. I get the click at the solenoid and 12.66 volts at the motor when the lift or angle toggles are used.

I opened the tank yesterday new inlet screen the two filters in the front are clean.

Related question looked online for motors most seem to indicate counter clockwise rotation...but the pump has an arrow that is clockwise.

Regret I don't have a pressure gauge yet....
  8. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Seems like you are in need of a new motor----Try to find a genuine Meyer motor and not an aftermarket-have not had good luck with them.
  9. mkoski

mkoski Junior Member

Yep it was the motor got a new OEM Meyer works great.

New question there are two holes to choose from in the lift arm what criteria is used to select