1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Leak between base and PA block

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Feb 1, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have installed new OEM o-rings and lightly sanded the block to remove light corrosion. Fluid comes gushing out mainly when I try to raise. Not just a little but quite a bit. Could the block be bad to cause high pressure? I have tried to look for cracks anywhere else but didn't see anything. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

leak ?

well i think you may be looking at a new base ,did you happen to through a straight edge on the base and valve when you had it apart ? i think the base is warped ,some body might have tightened it down to hard and it warped it .

3. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I pulled it apart. Both surfaces are dead flat. I did find what I think is the problem. There is a hairline crack on the casting that the highest filter goes in. It can be seen if the filter is removed and then in the opening where the angle block bolts on. I don't know if it can be fixed from the outside or not.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i guess you could take it to a machine shop to have it zyglowed ,but it might be justas cheap to replace the base !