1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by allextremes, Jan 22, 2008.

1. allextremes

allextremes Junior Member

I have a plow truck that i use just for my business and home. my truck is a 89 full size blazer with a meyer 7.5" and an e47 pump. My e47 is slow to raise and drop the blade. I was wondering if there is a speed adjustment on the pump or could my motor be getting tired. i had an e60 quick lift on there and it worked very quickly so i am guessing that there isn't a voltage issue. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    brian

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

slowwwww

well you have two different extreme's there 4" motor verses 3" motor when they were new the e-47 was not very fast ,check battery voltage, grounds,pump pressure clean the screens should be 3 ,1 in tank ,2 external ,flush and fill if necessary .give it a fighting chance .

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your used to an E60, the E47 is going to seem very slow to you...because they are slow (including down).

Never hurts to do a filter clean and flush on it but don't expect it to ever be comparable to the speed of you E60.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If all else fails, replace the motor. Millsupply on Miles Rd by Randle Park Mall has the motors fairly cheap. They have many non-OEM parts much cheaper then Meyer Dealers ETC. The E-47 will operate a bit slow till it get warm and you start working it constantly.
    The E-60 fixed this problem and amp usage.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

e-47

i don't remember who it was but i saw an advertisement one time for a 4" motor conversion kit for the e -47