1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 going up issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by weeble67, Jan 25, 2012.

1. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello, I have used atv's for plowing for years. This year I picked up a Wrangler with a Meyer plow e47 pump. We have had only one snowfall this year. I used the plow and after working it for a couple hours, on several jobs not straight. I started having raising issues. It is using a Slik Stik and when I would attempt to raise the plow it would not raise. If I messed with the controller it would raise. Is there a way to test the slik stik or is this an issue on the pump? I know I am asking for a lot and not giving much. I have searched and searched and now opted to just ask for help. Thanks.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does it go left when trying to lift or nothing at all?

3. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Yes, it will go sideways when I try lifting it up.
    At first i thought it was me missing the up an hitting the sideways.

4. kimber750

5. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks, I didn't know if there was a way to test the slick stick to see if it is what is at fault. Guess I will be pricing a new one. Thanks again.

6. kimber750

The manual I posted should have a wiring diagram in it, you could pull the controller and test continuity. But if works when press harder on the control, you can pretty much guarantee that the control is on its way out. Should be able to find a new for under $80, which is not that bad when consider the price of some of the hand held controls today.

7. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

It could be a bad coil or valve also. When you push up on the switch it sends power to the solenoid to turn the motor on ( that is working) and sends power to the coil (B or C cant remember) to magnetize it and open the valve to direct fluid to the lift cyl. The meyer flow chart will give specifics on what to check, but you need to check for power to the coil or magnetism, if you have that the valve is probably stuck.

8. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

The angle left feature is "default", as in if just the motor runs with none of the coils energized the fluid is directed to angle the plow left, so thats why it angles when you hit the switch to go up.

9. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Sounds like I'll be doing some manual reading and then checking.
    Thanks again for the help.

10. kimber750

Have seen many slik stiks act this way when they become worn. If pressing the control harder makes it work means that the contacts in the control are wearing and it will soon be time for a new control. The B valve is what controls up, if the B valve or coil is failing it would most likely quit altogether, not work randomly. When it does not raise press harder and wiggle the control if it works it is the control, if it doesn't then you need to start looking at the B valve or coil.

A friend has a worn control and he just deals with it. At times he needs to hit the control several times before it does what he wants it to.

11. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

true about the switch, you may be able to hold it just right and that would be a bad switch' but if you cant tell I'd first check for magnetism at the b coil Thanks for clarifying that Kimber, I always get them mixed up), if you dont have magnetism check for power to it with a test light and if none, then it would be a bad switch or wiring from the switch to the b coil.

12. kimber750

This is why I am leaning towards the controller.

13. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I am ordering a new slik stik after I post this.
    Looks like a sale item priced around $65

14. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

oem at the dealer $63.18....picking one up today.....A tip i was given..if mounting in the dash cut the notch in the dash do not oversize the hole, it makes the switch move around adding wear and tear...the metal plate should also be in god shape so it holds its position

15. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks again for all the help. I put mine in and then plowed my drive. So far so good. I hope that was the issue. Thanks again.

16. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i just posted about the same problem. i replaced the switch and harness and it started doing it again. hooked up pump to a 2 switch controller and works just fine. don't know whats going on. any luck with yours?

17. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I just plowed for the second time since I replaced it and I have had no problems. That new switch is a lot tighter. It took me a bit to get used to it. That is odd that yours isn't working but will work with the two switch controller.

18. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

ya i know. i have a new switch and harness and it work real good for awhile the back to the same thing. i don't get it. i guess i'll order another switch and see what happens. this is the only controller i like with my plows. i don't like the 2 switch or the touch pad.

19. weeble67

weeble67 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Well good luck, be sure and let me know if you find out what is wrong.