1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 fluid out of weep hole

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dgfbmx22, Feb 4, 2010.

1. dgfbmx22

dgfbmx22 Junior Member

why is fluid leaking out of my weep hole..i think? i think that is where its coming out of, and a lot has come out. a small puddle. snow is coming tomorrow. what are your suggestions??? should i just monitor the level and how high do i fill it. i just bought some generic hydraulic fluid to top it off with? how much fluid does the cylinder hold? what would you diagnose this with? is it a huge risk to run the plow with the leak??

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the pump shaft seal is going out. you can keep adding oil to get your plowing done. the pump will have to be changed at some point.

3. dgfbmx22

dgfbmx22 Junior Member

the whole pump needs to be replaced??

4. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Pump shaft seal is the most likely culprit as already mentioned. As far as plowing without repairing it it all depends on how much plowing you have to do (just your driveway or do you have accounts). If you have accounts to take care of I would get it fixed asap or buy a case of fluid and check it frequently. The e-47 holds just about a quart. The proper level is 1 1/2 inches down from the filler hole. Good luck and stay safe.

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Just the pump assembly , under the motor , , remove motor , and 3 nuts attach the pump assembly to the sump base .

P/N 15026 is the P/N for the pump assembly .

TOM