1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Electrical probplem?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by paradise1229, Dec 7, 2010.

1. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

On a 1996 F250 7.3L Diesel. All I am hearing is a "thud" under the hood Which I would believe is the solinoid working. . . But nothing happens. It's like. . . dead.

I'll be going through it cleaning all connections. Anthing else needs to be looked at?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Follow the voltage, do you have 12 volt to soleniod, to the motor when you engage it? try throwing 12 volts at the motor directly.

3. paradise1229

I will try that today. I disconnect it from the solinoid and hook it up to the batterycharger @ 12 Volts?

4. paradise1229

Still nothing! All I hear is a clicking solinoid in the driver side fender.

It worked when I disconnected the plow.

5. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Use a 12 volt test light, put the aligater clip on a good ground, then hold the test probe to the positive post on the motor, have someone hit the plow switch as though they are going to move the plow. If the test light lights up you have power at the pump. Next check all your ground connections to the pump, make sure thier not corroded, or loose. a good way to check that is bypass it. Use a set of jumper cables and go from the ground on the motor dirrectly to the ground on the battery, if the pump runs when you do that you have a bad ground. If the pump doesn't run after those to tests the problem is in your pump motor.

6. paradise1229

7. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Well I do believe that could cause be a problem.