1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 Drop Speed adjustment ??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by scottL, Mar 2, 2010.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I came into an E47 pump on the new-to-me truck. All functions seem to work and it is a slick-stick controller ( joy stick ). Filters are new, fluid is clean, I've put in a high flow B valve.

There is an adjustment facing toward the truck below the motor. I was told to back the set screw out to get faster drop speed. Currently it goes down like a sponge. When I make adjustments there is a fine line where if you adjust it out too much the plow simply will not raise up but, also it will not drop an quicker. ( Side to side is fine, up is decent enough )

Any thoughts? ( I'm not looking for it to slam but, this is way too slow for me )

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

The e-47 does not have an adjustment for drop speed. You have been messing with the pressure relief valve.

3. scottL

Ok ..... Is there a way to get it to drop a bit faster? It is painfully slow.

4. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The E-47 does not have an adjustable drop speed.

5. scottL

How about any modification that can be made? I can't believe people would live with such a slow down speed. Maybe something is wrong with mine ... not sure where to really look.

6. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Make sure your a valve is clean. That is what allows the plow to drop. Other than that, its the nature of the beast. The newer pumps have adjustable drop speeds, except for the e57's.

7. scottL

8. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

What fluid are you running?

Does it drop faster as you use it more ?

TOM

9. scottL

Well it is a new to me unit so I don't have any real history with it. I did replace the B valve with a high flow. I'm using a generic blue snow plow fluid which is suppose to be good for all plows. As for speeding up when using it ... nope. Stays the same really. I'm going to try to pull apart the A valve and see if maybe that is gunked up.

10. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

It might be time to pull the unit apart and do a good clean/service on it , there might be stuff floating around in there and plugging things up .

Some hydraflush to clean it out and when you put it back together I would use the genuine M1 fluid , I have seen the "blue" fluid gel and clog things up already.

Just some suggestions

TOM