1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 down speed? and no angle right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rocksbite, Jan 26, 2014.

1. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

first off my e47 will randomly have issues. if the blade is down I have no angle right. if I lift the the weight off the blade it all works. also I have noticed that when I do angle right it is very jerky. angle left starts and stops smoothly.

secondly. how can I make the blade drop faster. it goes down at about the same speed it goes up.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Start with a pressure test. Pull filters and check them. Also pull A and C valve and inspect them. There is no down adjustment (quill) on e47. What control are you using? Left is always smooth because there is no valve movement required for left. Right can be jerky due to when you let off the valve closes and remaining fluid flow wants to move plow left.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

how long ago was it apart?...might be a good idea to tear down, clean, and rebuild, then bench test it

4. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

it hasn't been apart since Ive had it 3 years ago. I did take apart what I could then and flushed out the old fluid and gunk. I will pull the b and c valves to clean them. being the problem isn't all the time I wasn't sure if the c valve was bad or not.