1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 doesn't need reservoir screen?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by info4tim, Jan 1, 2015.

1. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Just read somewhere that this pump does not need reservoir screen/filter? Just rebuilt mine n lo n behold, didn't have one! So naturally I installed one. Is this ok? Should I remove, n if so why? Thank you.
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does it have to have it, no. But I still leave them in to catch larger debris from getting into the pump. If you have moisture in the system and it is cold it freeze and clog that screen pretty quick.
  3. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Ok Thx. I've completely rebuilt upper part of pump incl new lift ram n yes its seal at bottom n all parts on top cap. So I should be good to leave in or maybe take it out at yr end for next yr then? Other comments? Also, didn't mess with crossover (heard bad things)..should I remove clean or replace? Heard new ones are all self contained n pre-adjusted. Also pushed out all fluid in a rams. Entire unit new to me last yr. Everything's working great now. Thx so much
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Meyer says that screen should go away and they stopped installing it on new pumps quite a while ago. They say the gear pump will chew up any ice, etc and the system filters will pick up anything else. Outside of ice we rarely see big chunks, mostly sludge, packing material and strange globular substances that appear a cross between jello and tapioca.

Yes the new Crossover relief is one piece, pre adjusted and supposably flows more fluid. Since a improperly operating crossover relief will give your pump an appetite for C valves, assuring functionality is paramount.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  5. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Ok great Thx. So would you yank out screen (I assume I'll need new o rings n nylocks up top again) or leave in for this year? N should I replace co as matter of course now? If so, got any idea how much one o those suckers runs and a p/n by chance? Thx again