1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 dinosour

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by timetraveler, Dec 26, 2012.

1. timetraveler

timetraveler Junior Member
    from 45133

Hey, i know its older but im on a budget these days,

plow worked great when i had to move it around this summer, just hooked it up and moved it fine, of course tested everything cause it was hooked up. but now of course when i need it the most i cant get anything other then clicking out of the thing.

Things I have done already.

Jumped it from motor to battery, = plow angeled left, so assuming the pump is ok.
    went thru cleaned all ground= equaled nothing noticable, still clicking.
    changed the solenoid on firewall= pissed of now because thats basically it with these older units so I thought.

Ive done everything I could find on these sights prior to asking anyone for help, so as I didnt look like an ass. But Im ok now looking like an ass, because I am now loosing money. Anyone any ideals.

Im pretty confident motor is good. I know ground are excellent. and solenoid is new.
    E47 meyer plow

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

call me im in chillicothe ohio 45601 740 649 8015 its11.31 pm on 12-26-2012 no snow here been working on meyers pumps all day ... be up for little bit or can call in morning sure something simple to fix

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

So did you get it working? I have an E47 and the problem with mine is always the 3 little wires. The connectors on those things are crap. When I get a warm day in November I put everything on the truck and clean those connectors good and open them a little and then jam them together and tape them up with electrical tape. All of my problems in the past have been with those loose connections. Anybody ever change them to something else?

4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

try using dielectric grease, it keeps out corrosion.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You should have at least the motor run when you trigger the solenoid. The big cables need to have good connections and protected with Dielectric grease. The pump needs a big ground bolted to it from the truck also protected with grease. The smaller wires control what the plow does when the pump is running. Use a check light to make sure you are getting power out of the new solenoid. You may have something misconnected. One big terminal is in power, the other is out. Don't matter which is where just that both bigs are connected to big terminals. The small push on plug on the solenoid triggers the relay. It also needs a good ground to work. It grounds through the housing/mount. Try running a ground wire to one of the hold down bolts. What ever place it's mounted to, may not have a good ground. No success, re-post, we get to the bottom of it for you.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

how is pump working now... i hope you flushed out your rams or put new on... if not leave plow up at night and change fluid and clean filters often...i .plowed for 16 hours that morning into next evening ... after fixing you pump.... started at 3.30 am done at 7.30 pm 2500lb salt spread lot of shoveling walks no help but made couple grand.. we had about 5 inches of wet heavy stuff ... let me no how you did ..

8. timetraveler

timetraveler Junior Member
    from 45133

racer47, fixed me up, rebuilt my pump while i waited. For me that was big, and the price i thought was really reasonable. And yeah I flushed those arms that night when i got in, it was a hassel but I got it done, i intend to replace the arms all together at the end of the season. there working now so hell why not. Pump works great.

I must add I had mis connected the plow after disconnecting it over the summer, I had hooked up a power wire off the solenoid that should have gone to the positive side of the battery, I hooked it to the negative side. So I broke a coil trouble shooting a wire that was hooked up wrong, and ended up just having the plow pump basically rebuilt in the process. parts and rebuild out the door, with a smile. 240.00 I personally could not have been happier. Made my money back the very next day. Thanks to RACER47