1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Delay when angled right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by robslawncare, Dec 21, 2011.

1. robslawncare

robslawncare Junior Member

My e47 was rebuilt last year and I just installed 2 new angle rams. When I angle plow right there is a 1 sec delay. When I angle left no problem. The plow still works fine but I dont remember it ever having a delay. It almost seem like the angle ram is waiting for pressure to build and then it moves. Any ideas?
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Could be some air left in the system. Also possible that C valve is sticking a bit. Left will always seem to engage faster since that is default on the E47.
  3. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

+1 on air since your were disconnected and this didn't exist before that. Wouldn't hurt to pull the the c-valve coil (green wire) and see if it is swollen. If the coil comes off hard this is good evidence.
  4. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

you probbaly have air in the power angle rams. you need to bleed them, especially since you just installed two brand new ones.
  5. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

x2 on Kimber's idea. The E-47 will angle left any time the motor is engaged unless a valve is actuated to divert the flow elsewhere. You may notice that with the blade angled fully to the right, and you raise and lower the blade several times, sometimes you can angle back to the right and it will move a little bit because it has actually angled to the left slightly each time you engage the motor because a valve may be a little slow to divert the flow.

I'd suggest checking the C-coil and valve as one of those is most likely the culprit.