1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 cloged block

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phishoook, Jan 29, 2003.

1. phishoook

phishoook Member

Yes I'm still broke down from Sunday.

So far I've replaced the pump, seal kit, cylinoids and valves, and a new ram.

Now they are telling me when the pump went out, it cloged the "block" with metal shavings. Is this possible? Can the block be replaced?

I'm sitting hear with 2" on the pavement and no truck. Need a pump by 4:00 am.

The guy that I normally "network" with is also down. He's out using a 4' blade on an Argo right now.

Why me?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I could see it being full of metal shavings,but they should be able to clean it,and everything else out.Only reason I could see for it needing replacement is if the bores are badly scratched or worn.Didn't they notice this when the replaced all the other stuff ?

Sounds like whoever "they" are don't have a clue,and are just throwing parts (and your dollars) at it in an attempt to fix it.Is there somewhere else you can take it ?

3. phishoook

phishoook Member

OK

The message I got was messed up.

I'm putting in a valve assembly kit, everything but the cross over relief valve.

I did get a price on the solenoid block, $290! I should be able to do with out, the only problem is the plugs that hold the check valves in are stripped out.

Is there anything else I should do while this thing is apart?

Oh just in case anyone reads this, if you have a used Lift make sure the filters are still in it. I guess the guy that used to own this one took them out!:realmad:

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Geez...with all that work,it may be better to get a new one,and keep the old one for parts.

Hope you can get it going,either way.

5. phishoook

phishoook Member

That's what the plan is for next winter. Too late to turn back now!