1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 c -coil question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ohio snowdog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

Guys my local shop just rebuilt my e 47 pump and I notice after getting it home that the c coil is not fitting down over the c valve nut. I called the shop and he said that its ok and that its just a aftermarket valve and sometimes they don't fit over top like oem . He said it was bench checked and all is good to go. It has me a little worried to use it, should I be ?

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I don't think it will affect operation. But for me, I like things to look right as well as function correctly.

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I think that there is a little spacer under the coil that is missing... doubt it will hurt anything...

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's normal with the aftermarket stuff and doesn't indicate a problem...well until the aftermarket parts die an early death at least. :D

I admire his composure to admit he used aftermarket parts though. Many don't.

5. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

This is why I do not use aftermarket parts. The price difference does not justify when the aftermarket part breaks prematurely.

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

alot of times that means that the valve is swollen a swollen valve means that water got into the pump and froze the valve i would make sure the valve is good

7. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

Thanks for all the imput everyone. What I don't understand is he never said anything about replacing the valve or coil and when I took it in all the coils worked fine. My guess is that he had a few apart at one time on the bench and I got someone elses stuff ! But I don't think he will admit to that ! Should I worry at all about water getting to it easier now or can anyone else forseen problems that might acure because of it sitting up like that ?

8. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I think it's a cosmetic issue. Even if it was down all of the way it's not sealed so water still gets in there.

9. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Yeah and the OEM has such a good track record!