1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 blowing fluid out vent

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by s10racing2293, Feb 4, 2010.

1. s10racing2293

s10racing2293 Junior Member

Hello,
    I have a E47 pump that blows fluid out the vent when the blade is dropped. It angles and lifts the blade fine it is only when it drops. I have checked the fluid and it is not overfilled. It is low after the fluid is blown out the vent. This pump was gone through about a year ago. I have never had an issue like this in all the years. Has anyone had this problem and what was the fix.

Thanks

2. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

Proper fluid level is an inch from the top with ram retracted. Not saying ur dumb but there's a lot of people myself included that fillem all the way up

3. s10racing2293

The fluid level was to the correct level with ram down. Its not overfilled. In 20 years this type of problem is a first for me. Thanks

4. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

do you mean the top pressure relief valve next to the lifting ram as the vent?
    does it do it again and again or just the one time and then you keep topping up fluid?

5. s10racing2293

Yes the pressure relief valve next to the lift arm. It will blow the fluid out every time you drop the blade until the plow will not raise anymore. No i did not keep topping it off.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Replace the pressure relief. OEM replacement part is preferred.

7. s10racing2293

That was the first thing I tried and it was OEM part. Any other suggestions?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Has it done this ever since the pump was "gone through"?

Is the remaining fluid aerated when you check it?

9. s10racing2293

No it has never done this. No the fluid is not aerated. I actaully changed the fluid thinking that was the issue and it is doing the same thing. I may tear this down tonight.

10. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

B&B ,

Would the orientation of the fill plug / pressure plug on the top cap cause any pressure differences depending on where it is located ?

TOM

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Still sounds like a vent issue then. Have another one lying around to try as there's really only four things that will cause this issue. An overfull fluid level, a missing baffle plate (near the bottom in the sump base), a restricted fill/relief valve, or ice in the fluid. If there were no indications of ice in the fluid and you're 100% positive you're not overfilling it then that only leaves the relief or the baffle plate. Trying another relief is easy enough if you have a spare but to check the baffle plate you'll have to disassemble the ram/tank assembly.

Tom- As long as the pump unit isn't leaning forward excessively and the top cap wasn't installed with the relief at the front it's not an issue otherwise.

12. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Kinda what I was thinking but thanks for the clarification.

TOM

13. s10racing2293

I am gone disassemble it today and i will let you know if i find something. Thanks everyone.

14. lohr

lohr Junior Member
    from 18411

If your looking at the pump from the front of the truck,Motor on the left of lift cylinder,The filler cap/vent should be on the left of the lift cylinder,because the resevoir return inside is on the opposite side.Now when you take the ram/cylinder apart there are 3 long bolts that hold the cap on,actually holding the whole resevoir together too_On the two right bolts at the base of the bolts there should be a half moon nylon deflector that deflects the returning flow so that fluid does not blast up,make sure those things are correct and you should be alright good luck

15. s10racing2293

I took the pump apart and it was missing the baffle. I put a baffle in and it did stop. I want to thank everyone for your help.

16. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

E-58 Vent

delete please