1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 angle problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Joshjeepcj7, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

my blade is fully angled to the right the motor runs but it wouln't angle back pump goes up and down fine. i replaced the C coil still nothing is the next step the C valve ???

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

C coil/valve has nothing to do with it not angling left (if it will also raise). The C valve is for right angle only. Now if it's stuck open it wouldn't angle left, but it also wouldn't raise either and you said it will so it's not a C valve problem.

More than likely it a bad quick coupler (very common) or the blade pivot bolt or hole is worn on the front of the A frame, allowing the blade to travel too far right and causing it to get "stuck".

Push against a solid object with the left side of the blade while holding the controller int he angle left function. Does the blade now go to the left? If not, replace all four haves of the quick couplers.

3. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

If the "C" valve is jammed like it is energized the plow will angle right when right button is pushed or left button is pushed. The blade will still raise in this condition. If the "B" valve was jammed in the energized position then the plow will raise on left, right and raise functions. This does sound like you have a bad "C" valve (jammed in the energized position).

4. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

I'd look at the couplers first. when you try to angle, do either one of the hoses get more rigid from being under pressure? if you try to angle to the left, and the hose to the left angle cylinder gets stiff, then it's a coupler not letting the fluid from the left side drain back.

5. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

thanks for the input i have replaced one of the couplers and still nothing i have to go get another tomorrow

6. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

i pushed the left side of the plow against a tree and held the controller in left position an it came back and is now working but it still seems a little jerky when angleing but works thanks