1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 angle and plow lights questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by turk30, Nov 19, 2006.

1. turk30

turk30 Junior Member

Just finished mounting a TM 6.5 with E47 on my 94 S10 Blazer. I mounted the joystick for the plow control in my console so it is just under my hand when it lays on the armrest. I mounted the switch upside down from normal dash mounting, so that I push down for float with my arm on the armrest. Unfortunately, this means that when I move the stick left the plow angles right and vice versa. I thought that maybe I could change the angle direction by swapping wires at the pump, but that does not work. I looked at the schematic and now understand why simply swapping harness connections won't reverse the angle direction. Does anyone know how I can reverse the angle direction so that it is logical at the joystick? Can I just swap the hoses from one cylinder to the other?
    Second question---I have the harness for the lights routed into the interior and out to the lights, but am confused as to how and where to connect to the vehicle lights. I have installation instructions for the lights, but they are confusing. Where do I tap into the vehicle lighting harness on my 94 S10 Blazer? It is very difficult to see anything with all of the other harnesses, hoses, vacum lines, etc. under the hood. Once I do find the correct place to tap in, what do I connect to. The instructions show two wires tapping into the Hi beam circuit, and two wires into the Lo beam circuit, but don't say to which wires of the vehicle I connect. Does anyone have a clearer explanation of how to connect the plow lights?

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Swap the hoses.