1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 am I Screwed?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jumpstart, Dec 18, 2009.

1. jumpstart

jumpstart Junior Member

Ok, here's what me and my father have done with this thing.

At first, the plow would raise, lower and turn left, but not right intermittently.

Took it to a mechanic who snapped of the bolt on the C coil/valve. And didn't fix a thing.

So I decided maybe it's an electrical problem and changed the "quick disconnect" to the C coil, and presto! We had a fully working plow. We plowed two fairly long driveways without an issue.

However the C coil was loose from where the mechanic snapped it off. So my father decided to run a piece of durable plastic from the B coil nut to the C coil, just so it wouldn't come flying off. Guess what, he snapped the nut off the B valve.

So my father being a machinist drilled and tapped the top of the valves. He drilled all the way through until we saw fluid. We replaced with a steel bolts and washers.

Now the plow won't raise or turn right at all. It only moves left. There is magnetism to the screws on the coils we installed, but right now the plow is useless.

In an effort to fix it cheap, we ordered seal kits for both valves, cleaned an replaced all the seals. Reinstalled and we got the same exact result.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the arm should at least raise with the plow off correct (assuming everything is working)? Well ours doesn't. We hooked up the plow, topped off the fluid and it does nothing now and will only turn left and it acts more "sluggish" than ever.

Any help would be appreciated, not sure what to do next! Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Replace the B and C valves , he drilled too far if fluid came out of the hole that was drilled , probably material from the drilling process is stuck in the spool and will not let the valve move. Or the bolts that you used to hold the coil on are too long and are impeading the movement of the spool.

TOM

3. jumpstart

jumpstart Junior Member

For $.50, I will get the shortest one's I can find that will work and try it! Will the arm raise without the plow on to test? Or do I have to hook the plow and everything up in order to test the new bolts.

4. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

need to replace both b ,c valves u cant drill them they will cost u about 160 for the pair or try ebay they might be cheaper

5. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Pretty sure you have screwed the valves......It doesn't take much to mess them up as they move such a slight amount. You can try that, may work, but I have my doubts

6. jumpstart

jumpstart Junior Member

Using short bolts did NOT fix the issue. At least the arm didn't raise with the plow off. Looks like we need new valves. Thanks guys!

7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

I might have a set of used ones in an angle block in the shop, shoot me an e-mail if you want me to look around , tomsnastyz@yahoo.com.

Where in NY are you ?

TOM

8. jumpstart

jumpstart Junior Member

Definitely, shot you an email. Thanks