1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 acts "confused"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jonw440, Dec 17, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

The last storm we had I angled the plow to the right but the plow went full LEFT, Then back to the right. It did this 5 or 6 times. Other times it worked perfectly. Any ideas? It is about 20-25 yrs. old.

2. lawn and stump

lawn and stump Junior Member

Mine does that too sometimes. It seems to do it when you move the lever part way. I did a search and didn't find any answers.

3. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Replace your "C" solenoid assembly (green wire) 15358. That is what is energized when angling right. If the "C" does not work or is intermittant it will angle left.

4. dockmaster

dockmaster Junior Member

SnowLane is right, the c solenoid must be energized before the plow will angle right. Before you run out and buy one you should check to see if you have power going to the c solenoid, check to see if you have a loose or broken wire, check to see if you have magnetism to the c solenoid by holding a screwdriver above the nut and have someone push your stick to angle right. If you do I would pull out the c valve and check the plunger is not hanging up inside the valve by pushing in on it with a small screwdriver. It should move up and down about 1/8". It is spring loaded. Good Luck.

5. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

The C-solenoid can also be taken apart and cleaned up to keep as a spare. Take the coil off and clean the valve up and make sure it is moving freely. Take the retaining clip off ,slide the valve out, and take off any deposits with a light emery cloth with a little blue pump oil.

6. meterman95

meterman95 Junior Member

I had similar problems with my E-47. I had a hard time believing this until I saw it, but the swivel fitting on the passenger side Angle cylinder was to blame. If it pointed to the passenger side of the truck the angle cylinder worked fine. If it pointed to the loop on the A - frame it would angle all the way to the left and stay there no matter where the switch was. I replaced the fitting and now it works fine.

7. alwaysgreen

alwaysgreen Junior Member

If you have the old 2 switch style controller try just making sure that the plugs are tight on the back of switches, mine vibrates loose once or twice a season (usually in the beginning of the season after bouncing truck around all spring/summer) and as you go over bumps it makes good contact then dosen't, drove me mad looking 4 it the first time would think it was fixed then it would happen again.