1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 "A" valve socket wrench size ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by HeavyD, Dec 18, 2009.

1. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Does anyone know what size and length socket I will need to remove the "A" valve
    on my E47 pump ?.....I need to go buy one as all that I have are too short to figure out the size as well.
    Thanks !
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I used a 1 1/8" deep socket....3 1/2" long......It is a 6 pt socket that seemed to fit a bit loose, so 1 1/16" may fit, but it worked for me
  3. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Rock On ! That's it 1 1/8...4" long ! glad I only had to buy one socket !

I don't have much in the way of deep well sockets...Thanks!
  4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

OK...fine for the "A"...but the "B" and "C" wont take a socket....I end up using channel locks on them........LOL
  5. louied9

louied9 Member

i concour. 1 /18 on the A and good ole' channel locks on the C and B.
  6. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

If you have the socket for removing the front hubs on the new cars in 32mm or 33mm they work great for B + C as I found out.
  7. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

UGGGH !!! well I found out that the new "A" valve replacement is 7/8" !!!! back to the "DARN" store to buy my SECOND SOCKET !! UUUGGGGHHHH Charlie Brown !!!
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, 1 1/8" for the B and C and 7/8" for the A.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way. :eek:
  9. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Actually it's 1-1/4" on the hex style B and C, on the earlier style with two flats I modified a 1-1/4" 12 point socket to resemble the Meyer socket that I had , loaned out and never got back. :laughing:

1-1/8" for the early A valve and 7/8" for the late style A

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  10. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

yea that's what I found out..I had an "Old A" and bought a "New A" to replace it with...there was alot of cussing going on.....