1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E350 Rear Axle

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 86burban, Dec 11, 2003.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I just got an E350 from my work for free. It is a 83 4.9 with a reworked C6 in it. I was wondering if I could put the rear axle on my F250? The Mechanic told me that its a "Full Floater"(?) axle and its stronger than a 9". Is it worth it? Or should I sell the van?

Tony

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

What year is your F-250? Up to 1999 it would be O.K. The thing is your axle is already a fill floater. Look at your rear hub. If you see 8 bolts in the middle of the hub, you have a full floater. Probably a 10.25 Sterling axle. I wouldn't bother swapping them out. The Sterling is a very strong axle.

3. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Its a 1990. I thought mine was smaller.

Tony

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Nah, I think you have the Sterling 10.25. It is Ford's equivelant to the Dana 60. It may be a hair weaker but certainly not enough to warrant changing it out for a Dana 60.