1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E.Kost Construction Pic and Vid thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 3ipka, Feb 3, 2011.

1. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

that is a very powerful pusher, I love to play with that toy one day.

3. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

4. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Good looking equipment . I like your variety.

5. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

that tlb looks really good with that 9 trip edge and box plates. what pushes better with the box the skid or the tlb?

6. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

sweet fleet you have there! good to see it's serving you well :salute:

7. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

I have to say the tlb. In all my experience plowing with backhoe's, tractors, skid steers my favourite by far is 4x4 tractors.
    The skid steer is actually out the door tomorrow (sold), we are always updating our fleet usually every 2-3 years at the minimum. The plan is once the 430 is gone Im looking at a smaller case sr130 skid and also another mid-large frame tractor, maybe even another tlb?
    Gonna try and keep the new skid primarily for summer work and then some light plowing/backup for the winter and then run the tractors for winter work primarily.

8. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Really nice equipment. That 110 really pushes the snow pretty well

9. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

I use our tractors mainly in the spring, summer and fall for a little custom farming for
    small to medium acreages, rotary cutting lots, aceages and roadsides, Also use a
    post hole auger on loaders with a skid steer adaptor plates attached to the loader
    Winter snow plowing is used to keep my employee's occupied for the winter and to
    draw winter revenue during the slow construction season. Use your equipment year
    round it takes the edge off for me to just jump in a tractor ( when stressed ) crank up the volume turn up the AC and enjoy the ride

10. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Been really busy around here with work and finally my last semester before graduation. So our latest purchase was for our new (since spring) Case 420. Its a Boss 8" SS blade with wings. After the Landscape show I was considering a Kage but as usual my John Deere dealer out of Milton came through and gave me a price that I couldn't refuse. Here are some pictures, which reminds me I need to get the equipment together for a 2012 fleet picture.

Enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The JD 110TLB is one of my favorite machines by far, thats what I ran before i bought my green JD. I would have bought a 110 but they had already stopped making them and the only thing available was a new leftover open station that they could put a curtis cab on.....I wanted a JD cab, so I went the route I did. There are some upsides and downsides over the 110 but I can live with it.

Do you have the rear tires loaded on yours? Do you take the backhoe off to keep the machine as short as possible or do you have something you run off the PTO sometimes during the winter?

12. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

how are those wings working out for you we were going to try

13. Ukisuperstar

Ukisuperstar Junior Member

He runs a blower off the pto to push banks back.

14. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

No I don't have them loaded. The machine works perfectly set up the way it is for our application.

Another slow day for us, so decided to wash some of our equipment. Here's a pic

[​IMG]

15. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

16. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Well here is my latest purchase.
    I've wanted one of these since they came out, and man can I say it was worth the wait.
    Picked her up today, only thing missing is my running boards which will be in next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

purdy...hope it serves you well

18. Moto52

Moto52 Member
    from Ontario

How well does your case 420 start in the cold? I got one and if its more then -5 it doesn't like to start without being plugged in.

19. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

We keep our skid steer in our shop since its route is local....So I can't really comment on it being cold started

20. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Did you put a plow on the Denali yet? Duramax diesel?