1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-88 upgrade

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by boxfell, Oct 14, 2010.

1. boxfell

boxfell Junior Member

Any information out there on Meyer upgrading the E-88 hydraulic unit to the E-68 free of charge to the original owner?
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If Im not mistaken that was offered but that was during the original warranty period though.
  3. boxfell

boxfell Junior Member

Jim, Thanks for the info. I'm waiting on a reply from Meyer tech support.
  4. JN16184

JN16184 Member

Any answer from Meyer on this? I'm looking for the same information.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have your dealer call. This is not a warranty recall. It is also not an up-grade. My understanding (according to the Meyer Rep at service school) is someone never received proper FCC clearance/approval for the E-88 controllers and they have to replace all those units with "legal" ones.
  6. JN16184

JN16184 Member

I just got this "upgrade" done. My PCM was fried, a new one was about $1000, so my dealer did this. The parts were covered by Meyer, I had to pay labor, less than $400. The new wired controller feels a lot cheaper and you loose the ARM mode....one of the main reasons I bought this model plow. You do still have the ALM mode, which is pretty worthless for me. My dealer was totally clueless on the loss of the ARM mode and any warrenty extension, if any. I've had this plow 5 years now.