1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-88 question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jlb2500hd, Dec 18, 2005.

1. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I know a lot of people think Meyer plows are junk, but I have had one for 4 years and have had hardly any problems and when i do have a problem the parts are easily available and the system is fairly easy to work on. My question is does anyone have the new Ez-mount express with the e-88 pump, are they a lot more expensive than other models? how do they function? Just would like some opinions on the system. Thanks.

(P.S all the Meyer haters need not reply)

2. Whip

Whip Member

They retail for about $1000. more than a "C" series. I have not seen one in use. I talked to another dealer last year who thought it was good. I can't justify all the gimmicks just to push snow. There are too many places to have problems as far as I'm concerned. I do like the concept of how the plow mounts easily though.

3. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I have one, 2.5 hours into the first storm it up and quit working. No nothing. Jacked it up, chained it up and used the backup truck. I took it to the shop when they opened the following Monday. 2 hours later I found out that the circuit board in the computer shorted out. Warranty covered it but it sure wasn't comforting that this happened so soon. I've used it for another round of plowing since then and it's worked fine so hopefully it was a freak thing. It sure works nice though when it's working properly. The auto raise lower mode is really nice on the larger lots. Thing that I don't like about it is there isn't much you can do to fix it if you get a problem. Everything is computer controlled. There is a diagnostic system in the controller that will tell you if there's a hydraulic problem or disconnection but if something happens in the computer you are screwed.