1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-68 meyers plow on 99 f350

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by goodlivin33, Sep 17, 2012.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

can anyone help wit info on the e68 i have just purchased one on a 99 f350 and would like to know any problems or things i need to look for. thanks for any info

2. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

If i remember right this is the express mounting (bumper frame on truck and lowers down) the only real problem i have ever heard about these is the extra solenoid that raises and lowers if off the truck. Other than that just typical meyer maintenance (fluid flush once a year and just keep on eye on your solenoids).

3. goodlivin33

thanks i can use all the incite. I have an old f250 with a e-47 so i know a little about the meyer plows but not this e-68. thanks

4. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

the e47 and e60 are the basic pumps with three solenoids with coils (A,B,C) but with the e68 has an extra one called solenoid D I think??? and the basic as i mentioned just keep the salt off of it basic knowledge again. If it has the round plug connection simliar to a simliar 7rv plug on the front always clean the plug out on both ends (wd40 and air nozzle) works the best and white lithium grease and watch the pins inside of the truckside plug because they tend to bend or if they get corroded they will snap obviously.

5. goodlivin33

I bought it yesterday and havent got it home yet to check it out. The truck needs some work and it will be a few weeks til I can mount it and see how she does. I got it with a 99 f350 v10 and salter. And just excited to see how it all works together. I feel like an expecting mom

6. goodlivin33

Thanks in advance for any hints on this plow. What to look for and what to look out for

7. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

No problem if the blade is a full trip then I think it has the same springs/framework as the lot pros. I have never owned one but have worked for a company that has one on a dump (8.5 blade) and after the bugs got worked (had one of th first ones built) and the love it, they love how easy ir goes on and off.